Type: Umbilical Hernia
Gender: Men, Women
Quantity: 1 Piece
Material: 60% Polyester, 30% Latex, 10% Cotton
Model: AA 501-1
- The belt has a removable pad to securely keep the hernia from pushing out.
- The thick elastic fabric improves the muscle tone of the anterior abdominal wall.
- A band made from breathable lightweight material designed for maximum comfort during use.
- The belt is put on in the morning while in the prone position and is worn throughout the day.
- The belt size is 5.7 inches (14.5 cm).
- Preventing the loss of or infringement from a hernia sac.
- Preventing the umbilical hernia from growing in size.
- Conservative treatment of the umbilical hernia in cases where there is a contraindication to surgery.
- Prevention of an umbilical hernia.
- Herniated belly button treatment.
Assistica® Umbilical Hernia Belt is used when an umbilical hernia is present to prevent the loss of or infringement from a hernia sac and to keep the hernia from increasing in size.
Assistica® belt can be used to prevent the occurrence of umbilical hernias if the person wearing it is engaged in heavy physical labor.
HOW IT WORKS:
Assistica® Umbilical Hernia Belt puts local pressure on the navel and prevents the hernia sac from pushing outside of the abdomen. At the same time, constantly wearing the belt increases the muscle tone of the anterior abdominal wall, which creates an additional barrier to the hernia sac’s rupture.
It is recommended that patients who have contraindications to surgery for an umbilical hernia constantly wear the belt. This is especially important for obese patients with weakened abdominal muscles, which contribute to the formation of hernias.
Use the belt only after consulting with a specialist and follow their instructions. If you experience pain, discomfort, or other unpleasant sensations during use, remove the belt and contact your doctor.
HOW TO WEAR:
Put the belt on over your underwear in the morning before getting out of bed. In order to put it on, you will need to line up the pad with the navel, and then, while lying on your back, gently massage your stomach from the bottom upwards and straighten the hernia if it is protruding from your navel area. After completing the massage, wrap the belt around the stomach and fasten it in the front.
If the hernia is large and difficult to straighten, you should place a pillow under your hips, bend your knees slightly, and breathe deeply several times. This will help the abdominal muscles relax enough to straighten the hernia and put on the belt.
It is recommended that you place a soft cloth under the hard pad. It should be clean, carefully straightened, and wider than the pad by one to two centimeters. This is particularly applicable for thin patients with a small, subcutaneous fat layer – the cloth provides a soft and snug fit for the pad around the hernia’s opening.
The belt should fit snugly against the body without excessive compression, as this can interfere with blood circulation. If a belt is worn and tightened correctly, the hernia will not be able to exit through the opening even when you squat and cough. Assistica® Umbilical Hernia Belt should be worn all day and taken off only at night. It should also be taken off in a prone position while relaxing the muscles of the abdominal wall.